Self Aligning Ball Bearings
Self aligning ball bearings are suitable for applications where misalignment can arise from errors in mounting or shaft deflection. The steel balls, cage, and inner ring can rotate freely at a certain angle, as it is stated that the bearings have self-aligning features. Accordingly, misalignment of the bearing shaft due to the machining and installation of the shaft and housing will be automatically adjusted.
* The self-aligning ball bearing has two rows of balls.
* A common concave sphered raceway in the outer ring.
* The center of whose curvature meets that of the bearing itself,
so that the inner ring, balls and cage continue to rotate.
* The self-aligning ball bearing with a tapered bore can easily be fit to the
shaft with an adapter assembly.
Advantages Of Deep Groove Ball Bearings
* Have the lowest friction of all rolling bearings.
* Run cooler even at high speeds.
* Easy mounting and dismounting.
* The permissible operating speed is not dependent on the common criteria
like heat generation or cage stability and strength.